Last Updated: 7/27/2018
We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our website or uses our services and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
• “Account” – An account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our website;
• “Cookie” – A small text file placed on your computer or device by our website when you visit certain parts of our website and/or when you use certain features of our website. Details of the Cookies used by our website are set out in section 12, below;
• “Our website” – This website, www.oakhillbb.com;
• “United States and EU Cookie Law” – The relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015
• “We/Us/Our” – Oak Hill Bed & Breakfast located at 2190 Siskiyou Blvd, Ashland, Oregon 97520
2. Information About Us
Our website, www.oakhillbb.com, is owned and operated by Oak Hill Bed & Breakfast, whose registered address is 2190 Siskiyou Blvd, Ashland, Oregon, 97520.
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
This Policy applies to our use of any and all data collected by us in relation to your use of our website or our services. It does not extend to any websites that are linked to from our website (whether we provide those links or whether they are shared by other users) nor to any Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) or other third party websites you may use to obtain our services. We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
4. What Data Do We Collect?
• Contact information such as names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers
• Dietary restrictions, other preferences and reservation notes, including dates of past and future reservations
• Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers
• IP address
• Web browser type and version
• Operating system
• A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our website, and the site you exit to
5. How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section 6, below.
We use your data to provide the best possible software and services to you. This includes:
• Providing and managing your access to our website
• Personalizing and tailoring your experience on our website
• Supplying our services to you. now and in the future
• Personalizing and tailoring our services for you
• Communicating with you and responding to communications from you
• Supplying you with email such as newsletters, confirmations, updates, etc.
• Analyzing your use of our website to enable us to continually improve our website and your experience
In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and we will be limited in the services we can provide you without your consent for us to be able to use such data.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and telephone with information, news and offers on our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
• You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
• Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or transaction to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract or transaction
• Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
• Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person
• Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
• Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party
6. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through our website.
Notwithstanding the security measures that we take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to us data via the internet.
7. Do We Share Your Data?
We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
We may compile statistics about the use of our website including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymized and will not include any personally identifying information.
In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of us.
8. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you may not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
9. How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit information via our website, phone or thru another party, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us, other than emails necessary to provide you with our services you have requested.
10. Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
You may access our website without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our website you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data as set out in section in 5 at any time by contacting us using the details set out in section 15, and we will delete your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit our ability to provide services to you.
It may not be possible to change or remove some or all of your personal data as we must be able to fulfill legal requirements, such as for tax purposes.
Requests for changes or removal of your personal data would be done in the current system and not on any backup devices. Backup devices are set to retain data for a reasonable period of time before being deleted. Backup devices are only used to restore data in the case of a critical data lose at which point your personal data may once again appear in our system. We will make a reasonable effort to change or modify your personal data from restored data.
11. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us. Please contact us for more details at innkeeper at oakhillbb.com, or using the contact details below in section 15.
12. What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
By using our website you may also receive certain third party cookies on your computer or device. Third party cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. We may use third party cookies on our website for advertising services. If used, all cookies used by and on our website are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
By using our website your consent to the placing of cookies by us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. Your consent will not be sought to place these cookies. You may still block these cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 12, but please be aware that our website may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
Our website may use analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyze usage statistics, enabling us to better understand how people use our website. This, in turn, enables us to improve our website and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow us to use these cookies, as detailed below, however our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of our website, it does enable us to continually improve our website, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access our website more quickly and efficiently.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
13. Summary of Your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
• The right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us
• The right to complain to a supervisory authority
• Be informed of what data processing is taking place
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• Object to processing of your personal data
14. Third-party Sites
The Site contains links to other web sites. Our services may also be available for booking thru other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. Customers and visitors will need to check the policy statement of these others web sites to understand their policies. Customers and visitors who access a linked site may be disclosing their private information. It is the responsibility of the user to keep such information private and confidential.
15. Contact Us